Monday, July 12, 2010

Morning Sickness and Hormones

Had a nice little tantrum yesterday about food and nausea....my husband was mad at me for the rest of the day. He can get over himself. I wish men could feel what we feel during early pregnancy for just a day and they would be a lot more understanding and forgiving.
Today I managed to keep my breakfast down but just barely. I was pretty nauseous and took some phenergan and it was a race to see whether the medicine would kick in before I threw up everything I ate or not.
Fortunately the medicine won and I slept for 4 hours.
Just woke up and feel pretty much like poo.
On the one hand, I know I should be counting my blessings (and I do) that I am even pregnant and should gladly suffer all of this without complaing (I'm trying.)
But on the other hand, I know all to well that just because I go through all of this gladly does not guarantee I will get a healthy and living child at the end of all of this.
Somebody please give me my innocence back.

No comments:

Post a Comment