Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks today since Becca was born and died. Two weeks. It feels like forever.
I'm done bleeding, my stomach is relatively flat, I'm wearing normal clothes, and nothing hurts but my heart.
The only thing left, really, is the milk in my breasts that is rapidly being absorbed back into my body as the production stopped after about 5 days of not feeding a baby.

I've been homeschooling the boys again since Monday and I've been trying to find something else for me to do, but the things I want to do have fallen through and the things that are available to do are things that seem empty and hollow.

My hormones are fluctuating still, I can tell, but I'm dealing with it better than I did last year when Jimmy died. I hope I can get through the next 3 months of holidays and intense grieving without hurting the ones I love or falling into a depression.

I miss you sweet daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you, Katie. I know your heart hurts...and I wish that I had words to heal it. :) Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you so much. Please know I'm always thinking of you. Hoping that with God 's help the holidays will be peaceful.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you Katie. I think it is good you are back to home schooling, that is good to get back into a routine with something.

    betty

    ReplyDelete